Do you need to find out if your computer is protected against viruses? We can show where you can go for this information.
Nearly everyone has a virus protection program of some sort on their computer. To see if your Windows computer has it:
- Click Start
- Highlight Settings
- Select Control Panel
- In the window that opens, double-click the icon for "Security Center"
- If the "Virus Protection" section says "On", then you have antivirus software running
- Click the downward pointing arrow-like symbol next to "ON" to learn which program it is. There may even be a link to the manufacturer's web site.
If you have another Microsoft operating system that older than XP, follow these instructions:
- Highlight Search
- Search your hard drive for any of the more popular Anti-virus software company like Norton or McAfee
- Type either of these names into the search box and see if you have any files even trial versions of this software.
A good and safe place to go to check your computer to see if you have virus protection on your computer is here: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm. It is a secure and easy way to find out what you have or don't have protecting your computer.
By following these steps, you can discover if your computer has antivirus software installed.